Are you wanting to learn how to make the best ever homemade vegan mac and cheese? Then you’ll love this recipe for BEST One-Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese! This amazing vegan macaroni and cheese dish is so over-the-top creamy and delicious, your dinner guests won’t believe that it’s completely plant-based! (It’s so much better than the boxed stuff, such as Kraft Mac and Cheese.) Plus, you can cook the whole thing up in about 15 minutes, in one-pot. Then serve the whole pot on the table to avoid unnecessary cleanup. Talk about an easy way to get dinner on the table! Not to mention that the whole family (young and old alike) is certain to love this ooey-gooey, rich, and yummy recipe for BEST One-Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese. You can make it gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and swapping out the flour for cornstarch. Plus, add in some frozen peas or broccoli to push up the veggies. It’s topped with chopped parsley and crushed vegan puffs (spicy is better) for a colorful, tasty crunch. Though you can skip that step, if you like.
What goes with mac and cheese?
Why just a side salad, such as this Summer Green Bean and Tomato Salad, or a fabulous veggie-based soup, such as this Classic Tomato Soup. Dinner is served! With only 7 ingredients (besides pantry staples), this recipe is based on lots of foods you probably have in your pantry right now. I have found that the best cheese for mac and cheese is some of the vegan varieties that melt well, such as Vitalite, Violife, or Daiya.
I learned how to make this fabulous mac and cheese compliments of the folks at Vitalite plant-based cheeses, who shared this recipe with me. I made a few custom edits to make it my own. This recipe is heavy on taste and a tad decadent (it’s not exactly “healthy”), but I think that’s ok every now again—especially when it’s something as delish as this!
Learn now to make the best homemade vegan mac and cheese with this recipe, which is so rich, creamy, and delicious, the whole family is sure to love it!
Mac and Cheese:
- Add 3 cups of the plant-based milk, water, olive oil, tahini paste, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a large pot. Stir well to combine, then heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it comes to a boil.
- In a small dish, mix remaining one cup of plant-based milk with flour with a whisk until smooth. Add to the pot along with the noodles. Stir well and cook for 8-10 minutes, until pasta is all dente (cooked, yet firm to the bite).
- Remove pot from heat, and stir in plant-based cheese, mixing until cheese is melted and the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Optional: Make a small opening in the bag of spicy puffs (or place them on a cutting board) and roll with a rolling pan to crush the puffs into small pieces. Sprinkle the crushed puffs and fresh chopped parsley evenly over the surface of the mac & cheese.
- Serve immediately in pot. Makes 8 servings (about 1 ½ cups each).
Make it gluten-free by using corn starch instead of all-purpose flour, and gluten-free pasta or noodles.
Try adding frozen broccoli or peas to fit in more healthy veggies.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 513 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: vegan mac and cheese, easy mac and cheese, healthy vegan mac and cheese
For other plant-based comfort food recipes, check out:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.